Death By Hope Streaming Player

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Salience


After 15 years, I had my life ripped from under me
How could it be? I couldn't see, I planned so fucking carefully
Depression set in, I let it win, but it was temporary
My mesolimbic pathway overflows with dopamine
I was driven! Unstoppable!  I was fucking obsessed!
To climb my way back up, I'd be fucking relentless!
So, started at the bottom, pushed myself past my limits.
Ignored the pain from over strain, gave it all I could give it.

Years passed, life changed and now I find I'm here again
The rat race, a job I hate, my time is not my own again
I've been here before, yet repeat my mistakes?
Did I expect a different outcome? A life I could take?
Insanity.  Expecting different results
I need to break out of my prison of faults.
I'm my own man, now it's time that I live it
I need to take risks and give it all I can give it

You'd think that I'd know by now
That I succeed out of habit
To create a new life for myself
I need to just reach out and grab it

This is the only way that I can repair my fate

I will overcome the expectations of this world

Nice house, two cars, debt, white picket fence
Credit cards, more bills, living just to pay the rent
Friday night, go out, spend more than I take home
When life get tough, the government will pay my loan
That isn't me, I'm not a clone, I can't sit still
I need to live on the move, I also pay my fucking bills
No help, no hands out, leave that for the weak
No suburban mediocrity, leave that for the sheep
I've done it once, and I'll do it again
Break out of this routine and be my own fucking man
If there's one thing I know, it's life isn't fair
And no matter where it takes, you, it'll never be there
I've always done things my own way
That's how I'll always be
It's not that I'm stubborn
It's that man was meant to be free

I will overcome the expectations of this world

*recording notes - Music recorded in Pro-Tools.  Schecter Damian used to record guitar, Sansamp in Pro-Tools used for distortion.  EB-0 used for bass.  Zoom 234 used to direct line recorded.  Vocals recorded in Ardour using Heil PR-20 in my car in the upper parking lot of Snoqualmie Falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment