Death By Hope Streaming Player

Saturday, August 22, 2015

When All is Sorrow (rough mix)


This is not really one of my songs.  My buddy Larry wrote and recorded this and was cool enough to let me toy with vocals on it.  I'm not settled on this yet, but this is a rough hack.


the things i overcome that keep me numb my life wasted on stupid dreams
i spent my life always on the run time to set aside childish things
trapped myself with promises I regret the mistakes i make when i agree
i'm meant to go with the wind on a whim, just unchained and free
i'm trapped by indecision now struggling to be the best i can be
but i'm smothered by expectation to be someone other than me
witness now the change of heart as cold as stone, it cannot bleed
i'm shutting down now to survive
i'm shutting off so i can breathe

time does not feel the same when all is sorrow
 when all is sorrow

do you think you can tame me use me just to change me
i can't save you i'm moving onward
now
i will not be your exit out
because
i can't save you i'm moving onward
i'm not your rewind i'm not your lifeline
i can't save you i'm moving onward
don't pin your hopes on me in the end you'll always see
i can't save you i'm moving onward

can you stand on your own two feet
without me, without love, can you be
the best version of yourself
not defined by someone else
who you are, who you were,
who you'll be
can you be you, without me?
cause i'm not always going to be here
you can't live your life paralyzed in fear
so i'm moving on so you can learn to stand
and when you find yourself I'll come back again
but until that day this is how far I'll go
cause time does not feel the same
when all is sorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment