Death By Hope Streaming Player

Monday, May 18, 2015

The Road I've Traveled


And the road I've traveled
Well it keeps me hanging on
And I don't stop for nothing
Just a learning right from wrong
Life will stop for no one
and you will never sleep
Unless we search for answers 
Already at our feet, yeah

Doesn't matter what I do
Or where I stay, I'm always
Anxious to keep moving on, moving on
This never-ending unrest burdens me
It's like an hour glass in my soul
driving me forever onward

I see my face in the mirror getting older
Seasons passing as I blink my eyes
And still this restlessness tears at me
And no matter how far I run, I know I can't hide

I gotta go!
My soul screams at me
Am I running from myself?
I don't know
This just can't be
The only life I have

The only thing I know is I just
gotta go, gotta go, gotta go!

I've gotta go!

*Recording details: I used my Dillon acoustic/electric guitar direct line into Pro Tools.  The distortion on the acoustic is the native Pro Tools Sansamp, Rockstar setting.  I used an EB-0 bass direct line into Pro Tools, and the drums are from a kit I created using the 4th kit on my Zoom ...234 drum machine, sampling each piece individual into Pro Tools and laying them that way.  I used a Heil PR-20 for vocals in 2012 for Tom and then again in 2015 for myself when I completed the song using my car as a vocal booth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment